Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Around the World Challenge #14 - Colours!

Hi! It's the first of the month which means it's time for another Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenge! Challenge #14 is a colour challenge (So Saffron, Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding and Whisper White):


Here is the card I created for this challenge:


I used the Hexagon Hive thinlit to cut a mask from a large post-it note (you could use copy paper and add temporary adhesive if you can't find a large post-it note). After placing the mask on my Whisper White card stock, I sponged the three colours through the mask, blending them where they met. I also stamped the dots from Happy Watercolor in the same inks, with the mask still on the card stock. I stamped the tulips from Blessed Easter with StazOn Jet Black (using a mask to create the layered look) and added a little more Blushing Bride Stampin' Write marker to fill them in. I also added Pistachio Pudding Stampin' Write marker to the leaves. The sentiment was stamped onto a banner cut from So Saffron card stock and I threaded some ribbon through holes I punched to create a faux bow. A few pearls finish it off!

I hope you like my card, and I hope you might check out the challenge and play along. You can find all the details on the Around the World Challenge Blog!

No comments: