Sunday, April 7, 2013

Embossed Flower Hello

I saw this card by Betsy Veldman, and had to make a version with Stampin' Up! products... I just loved the look of the white stamped images on the black card stock with embossed flowers in multiple colours over top. We made this card in my March Stepped Up Cards class.

I used a ton of different stamp sets on this card... I was trying to get images that looked like they went together. I stamped the first layer of images with Whisper White Craft ink, heated with my Heat Tool until dry, then stamped one image at a time, sprinkled it with coloured embossing powders (Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi and Tangerine Tango). Once all the images were stamped and covered with embossing powder, I heated them all at once with the Heat Tool. The label (from Apothecary Accents) was stamped with Wild Wasabi ink (stamped off once) with the chevron oval image from Oh, Hello and then the sentiment was stamped with StazOn Jet Black ink.

Stamps: Oh, Hello, Mixed Bunch, Papaya Collage, Flowering Flourishes, Betsy's Blossoms
Inks: StazOn Jet Black, VersaMark, Whisper White Craft, Wild Wasabi
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Other: Stampin' Emboss Powders (Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango), Apothecary Accents Framelits, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Basic Rhinestone

No comments: