Sunday, February 24, 2013

Madison Ave Origami Diamond Card

This card is made from one sheet of patterned paper (I used a piece of the Sycamore Street paper you can get free right now during Sale-a-Bration). We made this card at my Stepped Up Cards Class last weekend. If you'd like to see how to make the card base, you can watch Wendy's video on Youtube by clicking HERE.
 

This is the card closed, with the top flap in the front pocket. I dyed the piece of Canvas Creations (Spring Catalogue) with Island Indigo re-inker and water (three different containers with different amounts of re-inker). I dried the canvas with my Heat Tool in between each layer of colour so I would get the look I wanted. I used the Madison Ave stamp set (also free during Sale-a-bration) to stamp on the canvas, and added a Sycamore Street button to the middle of the flower. It's hard to tell in this picture, but I punched the corner and two sides of the Whisper White card stock with the Scallop Trim Corner and Border punches. The Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon is tied around the top flap.


In this photo, you can see the card with the flaps opened, so you can see the second stamped panel. I used the Madison Ave stamp set again, and Fabulous Phrases for the sentiment.


The inside of the card... I added some more stamping with the Madison Ave stamp set.

Stamps: Madison Ave, Fabulous Phrases
Inks: Summer Starfruit, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Island Indigo
Card stock: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit
Other: Sycamore Street patterned paper, Scallop Trim Border punch, Scallop Trim Corner punch, Sycamore Street button, Island Indigo Baker's Twine

No comments: