Monday, May 30, 2011

Embossed + embossed

This was an alternate card from my May Technique Class (showing how you can get more looks from your embossing folders). The supplies I had ready could be used for this card, or another which I shared in this post.

I was very excited when I discovered that a card front can fit inside the Framed Tulips embossing folder the long skinny way and just get stripes of the embossing (instead of the whole frame like on this card). There is enough room to make them wonky like I did here. Some of my lines are debossed (pushed backwards) and some are embossed (pushed forward) for even more interest. Then I embossed some flowers from Printed Petals--30% off until tomorrow!--with the Tangerine Tango Stampin' Emboss powder. I love the way these powders show up on the dark card stocks... very striking. The sentiment is from Touch of Kindness, another stamp in the Summer Mini catalogue.

Stamps: Printed Petals, Touch of Kindness
Inks: Marina Mist, VersaMark
Card stock: Early Expresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Other: Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Folder, Tangerine Tango Stampin' Emboss powder, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle punch

No comments: