Saturday, January 15, 2011

Inlaid Embossing #2 - Circles

Shelli's Creative Challenge this month was to try something new... when I saw samples of this technique, I knew I had to try it!


Another easy card from my technique class this weekend. It's a little more time consuming with all the punching and gluing of circles, but I love the way it turned out. It doesn't look like much until you run it through the embossing folder (Square Lattice). Then it's definitely a 'wow'. You could also use other shapes (flowers, hearts, stars come to my mind right away). This card was a CASE of this card by Lyssa.

I used the Button Embosslit and Button, Button stamp set from the Occasions Mini. I love that they co-ordinate with each other so perfectly!

Stamps: Button, Button, On Your Birthday
Inks: Concord Crush, Pear Pizazz
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Concord Crush
Punches: Circles (1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8", 1 3/4"), Decorative Label
Other: Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder, Button Embosslit

5 comments:

Kris McIntosh said...

What a fantastic card. Love the way you have used this technique. Thanks for sharing.

Kris McIntosh said...

What a fantastic card. Love the way you have used this technique. Thanks for sharing.

Colleen said...

That looks fantastic! Amazing what embossing multiple layers looks like. Love the colors you chose.

Marjorie Gibson said...

I love this technique - will have to put it in the "to do" folder.

Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I've been seeing this around lately and have been wanting to try it for clubs in March! Yours looks so cool! I love the color combo!