Thursday, December 16, 2010

Try it Thursday - Letterpress plates

On Thursdays, I try something new, and invite you to try it too!


Stampin' Up! introduced Letterpress plates for the Big Shot in the Holiday Mini Catalogue, and I thought I'd get one to at least try it and see what I thought. You ink the raised portions of the plate with Craft ink (I used Real Red and Old Olive Stampin' Spots so I would get two colours). Then it goes through the Big Shot with paper (they recommend Watercolour paper, but I used Naturals White paper). My photo didn't capture the debossed effect very well, but it does look nice in person. My paper slid a little, and it's not perfect, so I inked the edges to disguise it a little...

Inks: Real Red & Old Olive Craft ink
Cardstock: Real Red, Naturals White, Pear Pizazz
Other: Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Trim edge punch, Joyful Season letterpress plate, Holly Jolly DSP

Shannon West made a video for Stampin' Up! which includes some very good tips & tricks to be successful with the Letterpress plates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJpeQ7fL5mw

No comments: