Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two for One Tuesday - Word Play

On Tuesdays, I share two projects that are linked in some way... stamp set, design, colours, etc.

Today I'm sharing two cards that look very different, but they are connected in several ways. They both use Word Play for the sentiment, they both use the Designer Label punch, and both have a similar design. This first card is one we'll be making it in my Technique Class this month - let me know if you'd like to come and join us. It uses the Faux Tile or Grid technique and French Foliage stamp set.


On the second card, I used a much different colour pallette. I used several shades of blue and just a bit of Very Vanilla. I used my Big Shot to cut the cupcake, and added some Basic Rhinestones and Smooch Topcoat for some bling.


French Foliage Card:
Stamps: Word Play, French Foliage
Inks: Sahara Sand, Peach Parfait, Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, Old Olive
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Pear Pizazz, Naturals White, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Decorative Label Punch, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Always Artichoke Seam Binding, Bone Folder & Paper Trimmer, Wide Oval Punch

Wish Big Card:
Stamps: Woodgrain background, Word Play
Inks: Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist
Other: Decorative Label punch, Illuminate Smooch topcoat, Basic Rhinestones, Big Bold Cupcake Sizzlets, Brights Patterns DSP (Pacific Point), Square Lattice TIF

3 comments:

craftystamper said...

Love both cards. It's amazing how using the same tools that the cards could look so different. I particularly like the faux tile technique. Must give that a try.

Chriserendipity said...

Hi Liz! I absolutely LOVE that both your cards are so stunning, yet so very different in style and mood! Way to go!
Chris

MarieK said...

Hi Liz! Great cards - thanks for sharing. I really like the way you showed how similiar tools and layout can give you 2 totally different looks!
I'm ready to do another challenge with you if you're interested. Email me...