Saturday, September 11, 2010

Step it Up Saturday - Very Vintage Vogue

On Step it Up Saturdays, I show you two cards. One is a simple and quick and the second is 'stepped up' by adding a technique, embellishments or layers

I used the same stamps (Very Vintage wheel & Vintage Vogue and Full of Life for the sentiments), colours (from the Colour Coach - Baja Breeze, Basic Grey & Cajun Craze) and design for both of these cards.


Card One is pretty basic. I wheeled across some Naturals White cardstock with the Very Vintage wheel and Baja Breeze ink. I sponged over the wheeled cardstock so blended a little more. I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch to add a Cajun Craze border. I stamped off my images for the sentiment panel so the sentiment would show clearly.


For Card Two, I added a technique (I created a mask with punches, then wheeled over it. Before removing the mask, I used the Baja Breeze marker to outline each circle). I also used the Colour Spritzer to add some specks of Baja Breeze all over the card front. The Dotted Scallop Ribbon strip was put through the Crimper to add some texture. I also added Basic Pearls to the flower centres on the sentiment panel.

Which card do you prefer? Is quick & easy your style, or do you like the extra touches added to the stepped up card?

Card One
Stamps: Very Vintage Wheel, Vintage Vogue, Full of Life
Inks: Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, Basic Grey
Cardstock: Naturals White, Basic Grey, Baja Breeze
Other: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch

Card Two
Stamps: Very Vintage Wheel, Vintage Vogue, Full of Life

Inks: Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, Basic Grey
Cardstock: Naturals White, Basic Grey
Other: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, Crimper, Circle Punches (Itty Bitty Shapes, 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8"), Baja Breeze Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Pearls, Colour Spritzer

2 comments:

Heather A said...

Liz, both are lovely cards. My preference is the first card. I like the contrast between the solid cs and the wheeled piece with the cajun ribbon punch strip as a divider. Since this wheel is my favorite, I also like the first card because I can see more of the wheel image. Great color combo.
TFS.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Gorgeous job! I love the second card and that technique is brilliant! I never think of things like that!