Thursday, June 10, 2010

June Technique Class - Get more from your Punches


In this month's Technique Class, I'm focusing on ways to get more from your punches... I love that they co-ordinate with many Stampin' Up! stamp sets, but it's great to get even more use out of them. This pansy (made with the Butterfly Punch) is all over the internet right now. Some are made with the Re-inker Float technique, but because of drying time for that method, I used sponges to apply the colour. Greenhouse Garden has the perfect (I think) pansy centre... I just wasn't happy with the lines I was drawing by hand. I'm still trying to use up my Last Chance Colours (Crushed Curry & Going Gray on this one) to get ready for the new catalogue next month!

The design of this card was CASE'd from Dawn Olchefske.

Stamps: Watercolor Trio, French Filigree
Inks: Going Grey, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Going Grey, Whisper White
Other: Stampin' Sponge, Sponge Dauber, Silver Brads, Top Note Big Shot Die, Large Oval Punch, Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Folder

1 comment:

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Gorgeous! I haven't tried any yet, but I love those! I also love the fAther's day card below. Great job with the circle circus and color combo!