Thursday, May 6, 2010

Birthday Butterflies

I saw this card on my up-upline Elaine's blog this afternoon, and had to immediately make my own. I love it! The black butterflies on Kraft are so striking, and I combined it with some fun, bright colours (Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry). I heat embossed the butterfly (on Shimmer White cardstock) with White Stampin' Emboss powder, and used my Aqua Painter to add colour to the open areas before cutting it out to add as an accent. The butterfly stamp is a single one (last page of the Summer Mini - only $8.95) and the sentiment is from Watercolor Trio (pg16 of the mini). I also used the Square Lattice Textured Impressions folder on my scalloped piece.

Stampin' Up! has just added more items to the clearance section of the online store... lots of retired papers, ribbons and other embellishments at great prices!

Click here to see the Clearance items (select me--Liz Goldhawk--as your demonstrator to get the preferred prices).

2 comments:

Elaine Carter said...

Very nice Liz thanks for the kind comments. Elaine

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Gorgeous contrast between the black butterflies and the razzleberry/white butterfly! I've been looking for some of your challenges on Stampin' Connections, but no luck finding them....I'll keep searching!