Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Anniversary Elements


My mom asked me to make a card for my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary, so I tried to incorporate some gold... Elements of Style is one of the stamp sets featured in this month's scrapbooking promotion (buy this stamp set and get a pack of Designer Brads for free!).

I embossed the flower image with Gold Stampin' Emboss powder on Vellum Cardstock, then coloured on the back with Stampin' Write Markers (Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Old Olive). I blended the colours together a bit with a Blender Pen. I also heat embossed the butterfly (All a Flutter - an individual stamp in the Summer Mini) with Gold Stampin' Emboss powder on Shimmery White cardstock, then used my Aqua Painter to add colour (Bermuda Bay & Certainly Celery). I wanted them to blend together, so I added them right after each other.

On the cardstock behind the vellum, I stamped French Filigree with Rich Razzleberry ink. I attached the vellum with Clear Rhinestone brads. Teeny Tiny Wishes is my go-to sentiment set, and I layered the Word Window punch with the Modern Label punch. A Scallop Edge border, and my card was done.

No comments: