Monday, January 25, 2010

Sketch #78

I'm going to try Mondays for my sketch challenges... if I can get myself back into a routine, it should work! So I have a card sketch this week (for any of my Demo friends, it's also the sketch challenge for this week at the Stampin' Connections website--if you play along, make sure you add the tag: SCCSC1)

Create a card (or layout if you want) based on this sketch. I'd love to see your creation, so link me up in the comments!



Here is my card (the other card we did at my January Technique Class - Kissing):



Since Carrie asked what Kissing is in the comments for my last card, I thought I'd answer her question here... Kissing just means pressing two stamps together (usually a solid stamp and a patterned stamp). On this card, I show three different variations. The butterfly stamp was inked and then pressed onto a clean dotted stamp. This effect is very subtle (if you click on the card image you might be able to see it). The larger flower was inked with a lighter colour (Orchid Opulence) and the dotted stamp was inked with a darker colour (Rich Razzleberry) before I kissed them together. The medium flower was inked with Rich Razzleberry, stamped off and then kissed the dotted stamp that had been inked with Rich Razzleberry as well.

Supplies:

Stamps: For All You Do, Whimsical Words (Clear Mount - they made it so easy to stamp on the label!!!)
Inks: Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Old Olive
Other: Lots of Tags Big Shot die, Cottage Wall DSP, Scallop Trim Border Punch

2 comments:

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

I love this set and the color combo with the set! I just made some cards using the same kissing technique on the butterfly! I'll have to work on making a card with the sketch.

Carrie said...

Thanks for the instructions! It will go into my "Liz" folder :) Along with the sketch.