Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Rock Star


This is the fourth card in my upcoming Birthday Cards for Kids class (Sept. 13 @ 7:00 - a few spots are still open). I saw this technique to use the Big Shot to make a half-cut shape first on the Stampin' Up! website (Jackie Topa won a contest with it) and then was reminded of it on Jackie's blog while I was working on the cards for this class, and had to incorporate it! I love this Extreme Elements stamp set, and thought this card would be appropriate for an older boy (or girl with some colour changes). The 'rock star' is from a retired hostess set, but it was perfect, and I couldn't resist using it.
supplies (all SU!): Stamps (Extreme Elements, Extreme Rock Star, On Your Birthday); Inks (VersaMark, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand); Cardstock (Kraft, Whisper White); Big Shot & Magnetic Movers & Shapers; Black Stampin' Emboss powder

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Cool card! LOve the cutout piece